Application of Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR) in Civil Engineering” Programme
GPR_program 2017 This course is co-organized by the COST Action TU1208 “Civil engineering applications of Ground Penetrating Radar.” COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme Horizon2020.
• Introduction to fundamentals of GPR operation
• Problem analysis and selection of an appropriate antenna
• Independent survey of the structural element using GPR
• Detection of the location of underground installations
• Locating damage on the carriageway and the pavement structure
• Analysis and interpretation of GPR surveys
Provided a successful completion of the summer school, the participants will be able to:
1. Select an appropriate antenna
2. Figure out the limitations of use
3. Carry out GPR surveying
4. Analyse the surveys
5. Interpret survey results
The participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of GPR operation. Through illustrative examples of GPR use, the participants will be introduced with the properties of various antenna types using different frequency range. Through practical activities, the participants will learn not only how to use the radar, but also analyse and interpret its surveys.