phone: +385 95 841 2457
Many problems in coastal zones are subjected to complex physical phenomenon which are not possible to be analyzed separately. In accordance to present IT acquirement and available hardware set up, one of possible approaches to handle coastal problems is numerical modeling.
Hereby, we deal with numerical modeling of wave transform and beach sediment transport, combining FEM and FD schemes. Wave transform relies on off shore wave parameter spectra and spatial discretization of the domain. Typical output can be selected within wave height, wave length, wave propagation direction, wave breaking and wave phase. Beach sediment transport modeling handles different model domains and selective number of input parameters.
Wind data sets analysis; statistical stationarity;
Deep water wind generated wave parameters estimation;
Input preparation for the wave transform model, setting up and running model,
- Introduction to course content, presentation of student projects tasks, wind generated waves, wind data series analysis 2(h) - Individual work on project (1h)
Fetch determination, fetch limited and duration limited conditions, determination of deep water waves, long term wave parameters forecast, project wave definition (3h) - Individual work on project (2h)
- Input preparation, model set up and running (3h) - Individual work/exercise (2h)
- Model results post processing, results visualization, guidelines for project presentations (3h) - Individual work/exercise (1h)
- Student project presentations (2h)
- Project assignments presentation